- Up the Creek Diving (UTC) is a two man, family-owned and operated business specializing in mooring sales, installation, and service. We have over 50 years of combined marine industry experience building and maintaining vessels along with more than 30 years of commercial diving experience working on underwater maintenance of vessels, moorings, and marine structures.
- UTC was established in 1979 as a boat building/restoration company. We evolved into a commercial diving and underwater maintenance business in the 1990s.
- UTC partnered with Ann Bay Towing installing and servicing moorings from 2000 to 2003 at which time the Helix mooring business was purchased by UTC.
- UTC is the only business who’s main focus is moorings, as well as the only dealer/installer of Helix moorings in the Chesapeake area.
- UTC is located in Galesville, MD, on the West River. We serve mooring customers throughout Maryland including the Eastern Shore, as well as northern Virginia. And, our work area is constantly expanding. We have installed and maintain the public mooring fields for the city of Annapolis, as well as National Harbor in Prince George's County. Other clients include private communities and sailing associations.
- Our work vessel is a 30 foot, self-propelled, open deck barge that we custom built by hand. It is constructed of 75% recycled materials with function and industry in mind. It is self powered and capable of maneuvering in under two feet of water. With the added ability to be beached or “spudded” (anchored) down in deeper waters, we can accommodate to a wide variety of tasks. We use minimally invasive work methods to create a low environmental impact.